A list of useful links.
I will add more interesting links as time goes by.
- My current employer, the University of South Africa (UNISA)
- My current research group, the Academy of African Languages and Science (AALS)
- My previous employer, the University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen - RuG), The Netherlands
- My previous research institute at the RuG, the Centre for Language and Cognition (CLCG)
- My Linkedin profile
- My Academia.edu profile
- My Google Scholar profile
- Lingua-Align is a statistical tree aligner designed and built by Jörg Tiedemann, and is free to download. My Ph.D. thesis includes experiments involving this toolbox, as well as the transformation-based learning system TBLign designed by myself which was used to improve the output of Lingua-Align and which functions as a tree aligner itself.
- Colleagues of mine at the RuG in Groningen have written a series of games to help construct a large-scale semantic corpus of English. This resource will be very useful to teach computers to learn to understand English better, with many useful and practical applications in everyday life. Wordrobe
- My brother and sister-in-law, Louis and Marina, have written two e-books on the life lessons they have learned from traveling in Japan and from their dogs! The books are also available in audio format. You can support them here.
- Thanks to a guy called Zan for designing this HTML template and making it possible for others like me to use it at no cost.